Child Advocates Adds New Services to Help Children With Mental Health Challenges | Podcast Episode 12
Posted on April 29th, 2022
Child Advocates will soon be serving more children in need. With studies showing that one in six children in the U.S. has a mental illness, but half don’t receive treatment, we are honored to add services that connect Hoosier children, statewide, to life-changing mental health help.
The state’s Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA) selected us as its first single statewide access site for its Child Mental Health Wraparound program and we are officially launching those services on May 2nd. If families are eligible, the program offers low-cost or free mental health services to children.
Learn more and help us spread the word! Listen to “Your Voice. Their Future.”
- Cindy Booth / Child Advocates CEO
- Erika Davis / Children’s Mental Health Program Director
- Angela Cain / Communications Consultant / Podcast Host
LISTEN TO EPISODE 12 NOW
LINKS FROM SHOW:
- Child Mental Health Wraparound Program from the Division of Mental Health and Addiction: https://www.in.gov/medicaid/members/home-and-community-based-services/childrens-mental-health-wraparound-program/
- Link to a study on Children and Mental Health: https://www.aafp.org/news/health-of-the-public/20190318childmentalillness.html#:~:text=After%20excluding%20children%20without%20current,depression%2C%20anxiety%20or%20ADHD)
- Eligibility guidelines for Medicaid in Indiana: https://www.in.gov/medicaid/members/apply-for-medicaid/eligibility-guide/
- Child Advocates’ Programs: https://www.childadvocates.net/programs/
- A fun way to support Child Advocates’ Programs May 12th by register for Trivia Night: https://www.childadvocates.net/events/
- Call 211 to get more information about the Child Mental Health Wraparound program
- Why Child Advocates was selected for these services to help connect children with mental health needs to the Division of Mental Health and Addiction’s (DMHA) Child Mental Health Wraparound (CMHW) program
- What makes these services a good fit for Child Advocates with its commitment to children and to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- What Child Advocates will do, specifically, to connect children to DMHA’s Child Mental Health Wraparound program (CMHW)
- What the Child Mental Health Wraparound program offers children
- How and where children will directly get mental health services and how the families have choices for a provider
- What the requirements are for children to be eligible for CMHW
- How CMHW helps the whole family… not just the children
- How Child Advocates will help families and their children find help even if they’re not eligible for DMHA’s mental health services and it will include their own educational liaisons
- Where people can call to see if they are eligible for the CMHW program
- How Child Advocates will help ensure that no children are ignored including racially diverse children and LGBTQ populations
- How and why children in the child welfare system whom Child Advocates serves, and in the juvenile justice system, could benefit from the Child Mental Health Wraparound program
- How DMHA’s Child Mental Health Wraparound program also helps children with serious behavioral challenges
- How many children statewide are currently getting CMHW services and how many more children Child Advocates hopes to reach
- Where families can call to see if they are eligible for the Child Mental Health Wraparound program
Please subscribe, rate, review, and share Your Voice. Their Future.
Thank you for joining us on our podcast as we use our collective voices to create a better world for all children.
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES