How We Connect Children to Life-changing Mental Health Help | Podcast Episode 18
Posted on June 1st, 2023
It is a growing crisis in America. Research shows as many as one in five children has a mental health condition, but more than half don’t get treatment.
In May, we honored our first-year anniversary of helping Hoosier families apply for Medicaid-funded mental health services for their children across Indiana.
Find out how many children and families we have reached. Learn what state agency is offering these wraparound services. And hear stories about the life-changing impact of mental health services that could also benefit your children.
Listen to our podcast, “Your Voice. Their Future.” And please share.
- Cindy Booth, Child Advocates CEO
- Sophie Foster, Children’s Mental Health Program (CHMP) Director / Child Advocates
- Angela Cain/Chief Communications Officer/ Child Advocates, and Podcast Host
- Nicollette Thomas/Child Advocates’ Family Liaison / Children’s Mental Health Program
- Greg Cannon/Child Advocates’ Family Liaison / Children’s Mental Health Program
- Monay Cavazos/Child Advocates’ Family Liaison / Children’s Mental Health Program
- See all of Child Advocates’ leadership staff
LISTEN TO EPISODE 17 NOW
LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Learn more about our Children’s Mental Health Program which helps families apply for the state’s Child Mental Health Wraparound program
- Click here to make a referral for the Child Mental Health Wraparound services
- Learn more about all of Child Advocates’ programs that advocate for justice, equity, and wellness for children including in the child welfare system
- Get tickets for our “One Caring Adult Film Series” at the Kan-Kan Cinema to benefit foster children
- Our role as the first statewide access site to help families apply for a free mental health program for their children
- Why a state agency chose us to connect children to its mental health services
- Details of our Children’s Mental Health Program (CMHP) and how we connect families to Child Mental Health Wraparound services from a state agency
- What it takes to be eligible for the wraparound program
- How many Hoosier families we have helped apply for the state’s transformational mental health services for their children in our first year
- How families can access help from the wraparound program and how they can make a referral for their child
- How the Child Mental Health Wraparound services have received the highest numbers of referrals for help ever since we became the single statewide access site for the program
- How some families who have children with mental health issues go from hopeless to hopeful through the Child Mental Health Wraparound services
- What makes the state’s wraparound program so unique
- Why our mental health program has been successful in its first year of operation
- How the state’s child mental health wraparound program could benefit foster children across Indiana…children we have served for more than 40 years
- Why there is more awareness of mental health issues today and how the pandemic may have contributed to a crisis of mental health disorders for children
- How the Child Mental Health Wraparound program helps the whole family
- Signs your child may have a serious mental health or behavioral challenge
- Hear several stories, from our family liaisons, about the impact of our Children’s Mental Health program which directs their children to the wraparound services. Some children were once contemplating or attempting suicide before we helped connect them to the wraparound program
- How you can get help through the wraparound program and how we will help you even if you are not eligible for it
Please subscribe, rate, review, and share Your Voice. Their Future.
Thank you for joining us on our podcast as we use our collective voices to create a better world for all children.