Child Advocates Podcast
Do you want to create a better world for children?
Abuse. Neglect. Racism. Those are some of the issues our children face daily across our nation. We are on a mission to amplify our voices to serve vulnerable children across Indiana and beyond. Child Advocates in Indianapolis believes that our collective voices can help change our children’s future.
Our podcast shares some of the ways we advocate for justice, equity, and wellness for vulnerable children statewide and how you can join us. Our programs include Legal Services for children who’ve faced abuse and neglect; the Educational Liaison program which helps improve educational outcomes for children who’ve faced life traumas or other challenges; our Children’s Mental Health Program which helps families apply for a state-funded Child Mental Health Wraparound program.
And we also host groundbreaking, anti-racism workshops called Interrupting Racism for Children. Our “no shame, no blame” workshops are open to everyone. We want to help create communities where children thrive, and race is not a predictor of their life outcomes.
Our podcast will share critical conversations from Child Advocates to help you stop racism, abuse, and neglect for children, or access services that can help transform their lives. We want you to raise your voice for their future. Our children need us and the time is…now.
Listen to the Latest Episode
Click one of the links below to be taken to a guide for each previous podcast episode. Each guide includes a summary of the podcast, along with any links from the show as well as a timed highlight overview for different timecodes within the episode.
Previous Podcast Episode List
- NEW! – A Former Foster Child, Now Child Rights Lawyer, Shares Piercing Insight on the Child Welfare System | Podcast Episode 21
- How You and Our Youth Can Interrupt Racism | Podcast Episode 20
- How to Support LGBTQ+ Children and Communities | Podcast Episode 19
- How We Connect Children to Life-changing Mental Health Help | Podcast Episode 18
- Groundbreaking Study on Attorneys for Foster Kids | Podcast Episode 17
- Join Our 40-Year Fight for Justice, Equity, and Wellness for Children | Podcast Episode 16
- Should Children Who Face Abuse and Neglect Have a Right to An Attorney? | Podcast Episode 15
- How and Why Youth Are Interrupting Racism for Children | Podcast Episode 14
- How to Be an Ally for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Work and at Home | Podcast Episode 13
- Child Advocates Adds New Services to Help Children With Mental Health Challenges | Episode 12
- Why Race Equity Matters From A Longtime Justice Warrior | Episode 11
- Becoming Anti-Racist: Indiana’s Largest Methodist Church Takes A Stand For Racial Justice | Episode 10
- How A Child Advocates’ Program Helps Vulnerable Children Find a Safe Home Sooner | Episode 9
- The Stories of Children Facing Abuse and How Child Advocates Fights for Justice | Episode 8
- Why Children Facing Abuse Deserve A Free Attorney & How Child Advocates Is Taking The Lead To Give Them One | Episode 7
- How Abuse and Neglect Can Impact a Child’s Education | Episode 6
- Interrupting Racism: As Racial Tension Rises, Race Equity Program Grows | Episode 5
- Family Judge Talks Racism, Jail, & Impact on Kids | Episode 4
- What’s the Truth About Critical Race Theory? Hear from a Professor with Firsthand Knowledge | Episode 3
- If Racism Affects Our Children’s Future, Why Are We Afraid to Talk About It? – Episode 2
- How You Can Change a Child’s Future – Episode 1