Child Advocates Podcast
Do you want to create a better world for children?
One child abused; one child neglected—is one too many. We are on a mission to amplify our voice to serve vulnerable children. Child Advocates in Indianapolis believes that our collective voices can change our children’s future.
We offer vital programs and services to children and youth who are abused and neglected across Indiana. But we also host groundbreaking, anti-racism workshops called Interrupting Racism for Children. They are open to everyone so that we can create communities where children thrive, and race is not a predictor of their life outcomes, including in the child welfare system.
Our podcast will share critical conversations to help you stop racism, abuse, and neglect for our children. We want you to raise your voice for their future. They need us…now.
Previous Episode List
Click one of the links below to be taken to the a guide for each previous podcast episode. Each guide includes a brief summary of the podcast, along with any links from the show as well as a timed highlight overview for different timecodes within the episode.
- NEW! – Should Children Who Face Abuse and Neglect Have a Right to An Attorney? | Podcast Episode 15
- How and Why Youth Are Interrupting Racism for Children | Podcast Episode 14
- How to Be an Ally for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Work and at Home | Podcast Episode 13
- Child Advocates Adds New Services to Help Children With Mental Health Challenges | Episode 12
- Why Race Equity Matters From A Longtime Justice Warrior | Episode 11
- Becoming Anti-Racist: Indiana’s Largest Methodist Church Takes A Stand For Racial Justice | Episode 10
- How A Child Advocates’ Program Helps Vulnerable Children Find a Safe Home Sooner | Episode 9
- The Stories of Children Facing Abuse and How Child Advocates Fights for Justice | Episode 8
- Why Children Facing Abuse Deserve A Free Attorney & How Child Advocates Is Taking The Lead To Give Them One | Episode 7
- How Abuse and Neglect Can Impact a Child’s Education | Episode 6
- Interrupting Racism: As Racial Tension Rises, Race Equity Program Grows | Episode 5
- Family Judge Talks Racism, Jail, & Impact on Kids | Episode 4
- What’s the Truth About Critical Race Theory? Hear from a Professor with Firsthand Knowledge | Episode 3
- If Racism Affects Our Children’s Future, Why Are We Afraid to Talk About It? – Episode 2
- How You Can Change a Child’s Future – Episode 1