Join Our 40-Year Fight for Justice, Equity, and Wellness for Children | Podcast Episode 16
Posted on December 30th, 2022
They are the most vulnerable among us–the millions of children in the U.S. who face abuse, neglect, racism, or serious mental health and behavioral challenges. And some of them are among the tens of thousands of children Child Advocates has served for more than forty years.
And we will do whatever it takes to help them…taking the lead with innovative programs in child welfare, and in communities across Indiana, that can help transform their lives.
So how do we do it? Hear directly from some of the children about what it means to have a child advocate give them a voice for their future. And hear how you, too, can be a child advocate.
Listen to our podcast and share our story.
- Cindy Booth / CEO – Child Advocates
- Phyllis Armstrong / Vice President of Programs – Child Advocates
- Sophie Foster / Children’s Mental Health Program (CMHP) Director – Child Advocates
- Angela Cain / Chief Communications Officer & Podcast Host – Child Advocates
- See all of Child Advocates staff
LISTEN TO EPISODE 16 NOW
LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Child Advocates’ Programs Overview
- Indiana’s Child Mental Health Wraparound Portal
- To learn more about all our programs, register for an Interrupting Racism for Children (IRFC) workshop
- How you can support our work during the giving season and into the New Year
- Hear poignant stories directly from some of the children we serve, and learn how Child Advocates’ has taken the lead and broken new ground with some of our programs for children across Indiana
- Learn specifics about our impact on children’s lives in 2022 as we celebrated our 40th anniversary
- Hear a full overview of our new 2022 program for children. The Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA) hired Child Advocates as its first statewide access site to help families apply for its Child Mental Health Wraparound CMHW) services
- Learn what it takes to be eligible for DMHA’s Child Mental Wraparound (CMHW) services
- The new leader of Child Advocates’ Child Mental Health Program (CMHP) was a former counselor for children enrolled in DMHA’s Child Mental Health Wraparound (CMHW) program. She lists the signs that your child may be exhibiting serious mental health or behavioral challenges
- We discuss the impact on the parents and the whole family when a child has mental health challenges, and how the state’s CMHW services wrap around the family and offer a ‘team of support’.
- Hear how CMHW is voluntary and how the family is in charge of the plan
- How Child Advocates is reaching marginalized and diverse children across the state, including BIPOC and LGBTQ populations, to help them apply for CMHW
- Hear family stories from those who have enrolled in CMHW and its impact on their lives
- How families can start the application process for the Child Mental Health Wraparound program by calling one number
- What is ahead for 2023 for our role in directing families to the state’s Children’s Mental Health Wraparound (CMHW) program from the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA)
- We announce two separate, exciting, and significant awards Child Advocates’ has won for our work in “Interrupting Racism for Children” and for helping address racial biases in the child welfare system
- How you can join us and become a ‘child advocate’. Learn more about our programs and consider supporting our work financially by donating on our website
Please subscribe, rate, review, and share Your Voice. Their Future.
Thank you for joining us on our podcast as we use our collective voices to create a better world for all children.