How to Support LGBTQ+ Children and Communities | Podcast Episode 19
Posted on June 30th, 2023
“My hope is that our children inherit a world that is better and more just.”
Hear a critical conversation about LGBTQ+ children and other marginalized communities during Pride Month.
We discuss disturbing statistics on LGBTQ+ children in the child welfare system; why Child Advocates is taking national inclusion training to support “All Children – All Families” and encouraging others to do the same; and how to cultivate a belonging culture in businesses and at home. Hear great advice from our guest expert.
You don’t want to miss this. Listen to “Your Voice. Their Future.” And please share.
- Cindy Booth, Child Advocates CEO
- Gregg Ellis / Child Advocate’s Special Projects Leader
- Angela Cain / Chief Communications Officer/ Child Advocates, and Podcast Host
- Tyne Marie Parlett / Founder of Cultivating a Belong Culture
- See all of Child Advocates’ leadership staff
LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE NOW
LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Learn more about the All Children-All Families national training program for child welfare systems
- Learn about Cultivating a Belonging Culture and how it might benefit your business and increase inclusion and understanding
- Get information on all of the Child Advocates’ programs that advocate for justice, equity, and wellness for children including in the child welfare system:
- Are you a caring adult? Get tickets for the last movie in our “One Caring Adult Film Series” at the Kan-Kan Cinema and Brasserie to benefit foster children. Have dinner and a movie with family and friends.
- How and why Child Advocates staff is getting national training from the All Children – All Families program that promotes LBGTQ+ inclusive policies and affirming practices among child welfare agencies
- Why this training is important for other child welfare agencies across Indiana even though only a few counties are currently taking it
- What it takes to be part of All Children – All Families training
- What this training means through the eyes of our guest expert, an LGBTQ advocate, and consultant for All Children-All Families and founder of Cultivating a Belonging Culture
- What it means to the LGBTQ+ community to know that 30% of children in the child welfare system are LGBTQ+. We explore some of the disturbing reasons that this may be happening
- Why Gregg Ellis, our Special Projects leader, says the child welfare system as a whole is far behind in providing best care and resources to LGBTQ+ children
- What lessons businesses can learn about inclusion from the Cultivating a Belonging Culture organization founded by our guest expert, Tyne Partell
- How Child Advocates and Cultivating a Belonging Culture are interrupting racism and supporting other marginalized communities
- Critical topic as we discuss our biggest concerns about the cultural divisions that are growing in America as we explore the topic from our diverse viewpoints: white, Black, and LGBTQ+ populations
- We ask the question: When it comes to the increasing dissension we ask the question, what are we afraid of?
- How Child Advocates is committed to fighting for justice, equity, and wellness for every child and interrupting racism for children
- Great insight into our ‘hopes for tomorrow’ for our children
- Why Tyne Partell says one of her hopes is that our children, whether LGBTQ or not, live to be adults
- How you can join us in raising your voice for every child’s future
Please subscribe, rate, review, and share Your Voice. Their Future.
Thank you for joining us on our podcast as we use our collective voices to create a better world for all children.