How Abuse and Neglect Can Impact a Child’s Education | Podcast Episode 6
Posted on November 15th, 2021
Nearly 700,000 children in the U.S. face abuse and/or neglect each year in their homes. And the damage often extends to other parts of their lives even impacting their success in school.
Child Advocates has an impactful program that builds a support network around them to help them flourish in class. Listen as we discuss the obstacles some children and youth face in school; the stories of how they have overcome; and how you may be able to help them. When our children succeed, we all win.
- Cindy Booth / Child Advocates CEO
- Donna Walker / Child Advocates Educational Liaison
- Angela Cain / Communications Consultant / Podcast Host
LISTEN TO EPISODE 6 NOW
LINKS FROM SHOW:
- Child Advocates: https://www.childadvocates.net/
- “The Star Report”, a national report card on legal representation for abused & neglected children: A Child’s Right to Counsel: A National Report Card on Legal Representation for Abused & Neglected Children – First Star Institute 4th Edition (6.4MB PDF)
- Your Heart, Their Hope. Support Child Advocates Programs: https://www.childadvocates.net/give/?blm_aid=0
- 6:20 – Hear some of the obstacles children face in school due to abuse and neglect
- 19:51 – Hear how Child Advocates builds a support network around children at school
- 22:00 – What success looks like – the results of Child Advocates’ Educational Liaison program and success stories
- 29:50 – What lessons Cindy Booth and Donna Walker have learned from years of serving children who face abuse and neglect and how they rise out of trauma and change
- 32:40 – What it takes to be an educational liaison for people interested in volunteering
- 36:10 – What everyone should know – the signs of child abuse – so you can raise your voice to help them
Please subscribe, rate, review, and share Your Voice. Their Future.
Thank you for joining us on our podcast as we use our collective voices to create a better world for all children.
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES
- Episode 5 – Interrupting Racism: As Racial Tension Rises, Race Equity Program Grows | Podcast Episode 5
- Episode 4 – Family Judge Talks Racism, Jail, & Impact on Kids
- Episode 3 – What’s the Truth About Critical Race Theory? Hear from a Professor with Firsthand Knowledge
- Episode 2 – If Racism Affects Our Children’s Future, Why Are We Afraid to Talk About It?
- Episode 1 – How You Can Change a Child’s Future